lundi 28 novembre 2011

USA: The strange dream of Abraham Lincoln.

 
The President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln (1809-1895) got some friends in the White House. He began to tell them how a dream troubled him.
        
"It's amazing, he says to see the importance of dreams in the Bible. In sixteen chapters of the Old Testament, mention of dreams and many other passages in the Bible refer to visions. If we believe what the Bible says, we should accept that many things come to our attention by dreams.
The other night, I made that one since then continues to haunt me. I heard sobs, as if many people were crying softly, but the crowd tearful me invisible. I went into another room, there was no one, yet the same sounds of weeping followed me as I went along. Every object was familiar to me but I could not see anywhere the people who were in despair as if their heart would break. I was intrigued and worried. When I entered the East Room, a surprise shook my heart. Before me there was a catafalque on which rested a corpse under a shroud. All around, the soldiers seemed to stand guard and a multitude of people gazed sadly the body, whose face was hidden. It must be someone important for there to be as much about the soldiers, "I told myself.
          "Who died in the White House?, I asked a soldier."
“The President " he said to me, adding"He was murdered”.
         A long sigh of sorrow is then mounted to the crowd and it woke me up. It's a dream, said President Lincoln, but he strangely troubled; going! Forget it. "
        
A little after ten o'clock tonight Friday April 14, 1885, Abraham Lincoln was shot in the head by John Wilkes Booth, a Confederate supporter.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire